Every facet of our resort; our location, our architecture, our amenities, our suites and our activities have been carefully designed and created to maximize the enjoyment and enrichment of life for our residents. Pride in where you live – that is our goal!
That’s the Southwood Difference.
- short walk to beaches and parks off Skaha Lake
- close to shopping, including doctors, dentists, professional offices, health and beauty shops, dry-cleaners, restaurants, grocers, and banks
- minutes from Penticton Regional Hospital
- minutes from downtown Penticton
- several churches in the immediate area
- scheduled complimentary mini-bus transportation
Superior Suite Features
- studio, one bedroom, one bedroom plus den, and two bedroom suites, all with balcony
- large suites ranging in size from 541 sq. ft. to 1006 sq. ft.
- large windows in every room with expansive views of orchards, mountains and Skaha Lake
- mini blinds on all windows
- ample storage in each suite
- kitchenette with full size fridge and microwave
- individually controlled heating and cooling system
- private baths with walk-in showers or tub/shower combinations
- safety bars in bathrooms
- in-suite smoke and heat sensors
- complete building fire sprinkler system
- 24-hour emergency response system in bathroom (pull cord). Pendant or bracelet also available.
- 2 x 6 R-20 wall construction with double party wall system for superior comfort and sound control concrete sound and fire barrier between each floor vaulted ceilings with transom windows available on selected 4th floor suites
Distinctive & Elegant Building
- classic Art-Deco building architecture
- beautiful fountain in entry court
- elegant covered “port cochere” entrance
- beautiful walking paths and sitting areas throughout the private grounds
- park-like setting with extensive Xeriscape landscaping
- rooftop terrace with breathtaking, panoramic lake and mountain views. Complete with an outdoor fire pit.
- four large capacity elevators; two in each phase
- complimentary laundry rooms on every floor
- luxurious personal spa in the fitness studio
- surface or covered parking
- scooter storage with power hook-ups
- guest suite for visitors and trial stays
An Enriching Environment
- elegant and distinctive lobby entrance with reception area
- spacious dining lounge open to second floor with dramatic window walls overlooking the patio, gardens and swimming pool
- private dining room for special occasion entertaining
- gracious and stately indoor garden conservatory
- welcoming fireside lounge and piano bar
- fully equipped beauty salon with esthetician services
- health spa including jetted therapy whirlpool bath, fitness equipment and massage therapy room
- sports lounge with billiards, darts and poker table
- library and Internet café
- country kitchen and coffee bar
- full feature private theatre
- fully equipped woodworking shop
- fully equipped wine making cellar
- beautiful freeform outdoor pool, cabana with putting green and bocci court
- extensive activities and events calendar
- dog walk area
At Regency we realize that dining and nutrition are very important components of the retirement lifestyle. That is why we are committed to being an industry leader in delivering a first class dining experience to our residents every day!
Put us to the test. Come join us for a complimentary lunch or dinner. We are sure you will be pleased.
View our sample dinner menu to learn what you can expect at your table at Regency Retirement Resorts!